BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Wednesday 5 July 2017

Diecast Model Collecting:A Question of Balance Newcastle and Sunderland

I've been told before now I'm too much of an  interlectual and maybe I am as it even affects my model bus collecting. From the NE I only had from the Municipals one corporation bus and that was this rather attractive Alexander bodied Atlantean of Newcastle on Tyne by EFE. Anyway at Fazakerley I needed to buy something to make it a memorable day out and I lurking almost out of view looking a bit like the Lincoln PD2 in those colours I managed to find a brand new mint Sunderland Roe bodied Guy Arab. I don't think the dealer found it easy yo sell and I got it for £14. I don't pay more than a fiver for 'black box' Efe's  but I will go up to about £20 for the best newer models especially if they are in my sights. Like many others I tend to collect what I knew and remember but anywhere north of Leeds was out of my range till the 80's which was  pity for like elsewhere I loved those buses till the NBC and PTE era when it all dramatically went down hill and even the best buses lost their character and a bit of their magic. Anyway at least Tyne and Wear didn't stray too far away from Newcastle's former and I think it left them as the smartest of the PTE's.

No comments: