BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Saturday 7 January 2017

First Class People of Stoke on Trent: 477 AOP

Unless they are pesky bus enthusiasts lol I mostly welcome the addition of people in my photos, not only does it bring images to life that is what buses are for. That of course is fairly obvious I often wonder what happened to them all and maybe one of these innocents might have been looking after me after my operation for bowel cancer at the demanding Stoke on Trent Hospital. At the time people might have thought I had a bit of a cheek but I'm sure they would love to see these lovely evocative images again like this one taken at Mere in about 1982 when Community meant people did things together through work and church based clubs etc. A lovely old coach too, a real classic being a former Flight's of Handsworth AEC Reliance with Harrington Cavalier Bodywork 477 AOP.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi.looks like a st trinians outing.regards ray

NorfolkBoy said...

Hope your recovery is swift Christopher. very much enjoy your posts and think your blog is unique.
Happy (and Healthy) New Year.
Mick, North Carolina

christopher said...

Thank you Mick, I'm so glad you enjoy my blog, I get at bit woolly over the facts particularly modern stuff but I try to present my pictures well. It's nice to share.